We buy houses in Orange Park, Florida and provide residents with the ideal way to sell their homes fast by offering cash for houses in Orange Park. With millions of homes across the country going into foreclosure, it’s important for both mortgage holders and homebuyers in Florida to understand the process.
So, What Is a Pre-Foreclosure in Orange Park FL Anyway?
Many homeowners across America and Orange Park FL are facing difficulties making their monthly mortgage payments.
When a homeowner misses 3-6 months of mortgage payments, the lending institution will issue a warning, notifying the homeowner to pay or lose their home. This period is known as “pre-foreclosure.”
Banks and mortgage lenders typically provide three months for the homeowner to become current. Of course, this number can vary by bank and situation sometimes.
If a homeowner fails to make the necessary payments, the bank will foreclose on the home, assume ownership, and evict the homeowner. Thankfully, during this stage of the foreclosure process, a mortgage holder has the opportunity to take advantage of several options to prevent losing their home.
Pre-Foreclosure Options for Borrowers in Florida
If you’re behind on mortgage payments, you’re likely to receive a “notice of default” from your mortgage lender. This document will state that you have not made mortgage payments for the last 90-180 days. It’s important not to panic.
You have options that can delay or even prevent losing your home:
- If your mortgage is “above water” (meaning you have equity in your house), you may be able to refinance your mortgage, receiving lower monthly payments. Check with your local Orange Park FL mortgage broker, or contact us and we can connect you with a reputable one.
- You may be able to quickly sell your house in Orange Park to a real estate investor that’s reputable in Orange Park FL like us at Jax Nurses Buy Houses using the cash acquired to pay the months of back payments owed (or we *may* be able to work out something with the lender that relieves all or part of your back payments). We can buy your Orange Park FL area home quickly, often in just a week or two. We will pay in cash and take the stress out of trying to find a buyer.
- You can contact the bank and ask them to permit a short sale. In a short sale, you’ll sell your home for less than it’s worth, and the bank will take the loss as a tax write-off. In some short sales, you may still be required to pay the difference to the bank if the house doesn’t sell for what is owed on the loan.
- You may be able to declare bankruptcy, which can buy you time to pay your debt. Bankruptcy will remain on your credit report for years and can cause significant damage.
Lenders are very much aware of the widespread financial troubles across the country, and they’re willing to work with borrowers a lot of the time. If you’re honest and communicate with your lender, you’ll often find that there are options that will allow you to remain in your home or at least salvage your credit rating.
A foreclosure can often negatively affect your credit score by 200-400 points and can prevent you from obtaining a loan of any sort for 5-7 years, so be very dutiful if you’ve received a Notice of Default from your lender.
But, if you’re not able to find a solution with your lender upon working directly with them, connect with us. We may be able to help.
Sell My House in Orange Park FL
Ways We Can Help If You’re in Pre-Foreclosure in Orange Park FL
- We can potentially help with a short sale – If you want to sell your house in FL, just submit your info on this website so we can evaluate your situation to see if we can help.
- We can buy your Orange Park FL area house – We buy properties in Orange Park FL and would love to make you an all-cash offer on your home too. Just fill out the form below to get started.
- You can ask us questions and we can provide you FREE guidance and resources so you can make a well-educated decision. This costs you nothing; there’s absolutely no pressure, no obligation… just free guidance without a catch.
If you’re in the pre-foreclosure stage, you’ve still got time to fix this situation. Just connect with your bank to see if they’re willing to work with you… or contact us, Orange Park FL home buyers, if you’d like to see what we can buy your property for or to tap into our free foreclosure resources.